Who am I? Well, first let me ‘splain some things to ju… I guess I should start out by telling you what I’m NOT.
- I’m not broke. (Most of the time)
- I’m not unemployed. (I do ok for someone without a college degree.)
- I’m not about to lose my home to foreclosure. (I rent.)
- I’m not $30,000 in debt. ( I don’t like credit cards.)
- I didn’t suddenly have an epiphany about online marketing. (Spell check is key!)
- I don’t have clickbank spreadsheets with numbers on them to show you. (Blech!)
- I’m not a spammer. (I hate dealing with email and all that stuff.)
- I’m not a fake. (Though I do live vicariously through my fictional characters.)
What I can tell you is that I’m a single mother of a teenager and I’m trying to figure out how I’m going to be able to afford another student loan when the time comes. I still haven’t paid off mine yet and now I’ve got a countdown that will make a difference in what my child is able to do in the future.
I’ve always heard people can make money marketing online, but much of it has to do with selling tons of crappy products and spamming the hell out of everyone and that has absolutely no interest for me. I’ve tried to own my own business before and I’ve crashed and burned, but I’m not giving up. I’m still learning and figuring things out so I’m defiantly not an expert, but I’m going to apply my skills to figuring out how to become profitable doing something I like.
Much of the information and products I see online spend about 40 minutes explaining how great their product is and how fabulous their life is, and in the end there is only 3 minutes of “real” and useable information. I plan to get to the heart of all this stuff and give “just the facts. ma’am” so that you can see what I’m doing and hopefully figure this thing out with me.
Now this is a bit different that what most places are talking about, although I am exploring “niche marketing” and “affiliate marketing,” that is not my goal. I have several website ideas in mind but no experience so I’ll do what I have to do to get the money coming in and go from there. I’m sure it’s going to be messy and fraught with misery, but what interesting adventure isn’t?
If you’d like to opt in to keep up with the progress of this blog; then feel free to enter in your name and address. I can’t promise you much but I can promise it will be true to form and hopefully bring a smile or two.